This is a very quick update for all those of you who couldn’t attend our last meeting on Thursday.
The event was very well attended. About 20 of us came along. Hello to you all, you know who you are.
The group is lacking some marketing aficionados from Didsbury to rally the troops and get involved. However it looks like we might have some people interested in pushing forward Didsbury’s involvement of the group. @didsburyem and @mizrow sounded keen to get involved. Plus, Jill Taylor of Stealth has kindly suggested the Didsbury meet up his held at Dimitris.
If this doesn’t come off then the next meeting will be held in Chorlton again where there seems to be a huge appetite for meeting up and networking / socialising.
In other news
- @jamescrawford showed @old_mick the splendour of a Manchester Egg, Manchester’s best culinary innovation since the black pudding.
- @stesanders brought his dog Harvey. @richardfrosty and @adelemandy seemed keen to make him a full blown member of the group (to be fair – he’s a nice dog)
- @erinportsmouth pointed out that the next meet up on the 24 November is scheduled the day after the North West Pride Awards. She thinks she can do both nights. What a rock star!
- @keironmayers is off to Auz. Take care mate and keep in touch.
- @andysputnik and a colleague whose name escapes me came along, but just don’t tell Mrs Sputnik because really he was at home reading a book and not drinking FOUR pints (wink wink). Also, we won’t mention the wallet incident…
- And finally, please can no one buy anymore sambucas? (@wseabrook that is aimed at you). These were a good idea at the time but not the day after. Evil juice.